This statement relates to our privacy practices in connection with this website. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites.
Data Protection Notice
For the purposes of data protection legislation, the data controller for personal data provided through this website or in connection with the purchase of collector coins is the Central Bank of Ireland, New Wapping Street, North Wall Quay, Dublin 1. All information provided to the Central Bank through this website is stored within the European Union.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
You may provide us with information:
- when purchasing collector coins through the website including registering as a customer;
- by filling in forms on the website such as the ‘contact us’ form;
- when subscribing to our newsletter;
- when participating in design competitions;
- when corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise.
The personal information provided to us may include the following information:
- contact information including email address, billing address and shipping address;
- information relating to your preferences and interests;
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers;
- credit card details, which are collected by a third party payment service provider, [Buckaroo].
We collect and use this information to provide you with your chosen products and services, such as:
- using the credit card, contact information and billing address to process payment for your chosen products.
- using the address and contact information provided to ensure that your chosen products are delivered to you in a safe and efficient manner and will disclose that information to An Post or a courier service for that purpose.
- collecting and using this information for the purposes of our legitimate interests including marketing, understanding your needs and improving our products and services. From time to time, we would like to:
- send you promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- contact you for market research purposes.
If you consent to us contacting you for the above purposes we will do so, if you opt out of such communications we will adhere to your preferences at all times.
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed for the specific purposes for which it is collected.
Keeping Your Information Safe
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate technical and organisational procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by letting us know using our “Contact Us” information
You have the following rights:
- the right to obtain a copy of the personal information which we hold about you;
- the right to apply to have inaccurate, incomplete or not up-to-date information rectified;
- the right to have us erase any information we hold about you in certain circumstances such as where it is no longer necessary for us to hold the information or if you have withdrawn your consent to the processing;
- the right to object to us processing information about you such as processing for direct marketing purposes;
- the right to ask us to provide your information to you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format;
- the right to request a restriction of the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Where we process your data solely on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of our processing before the withdrawal.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission at any time.
The exercise of your rights might be subject to certain conditions and we might require further information from you before we can respond to your request.
You may exercise your rights by contacting our Data Protection Officer at the e-mail address provided below or by submitting the Subject Rights Request Form.
Glossary of Technical Terms Used
Small pieces of information, stored in simple text files, placed on your computer by a website. Cookies can be read by the website on your subsequent visits. The information stored in a cookie may relate to your browsing habits on the web page, or a unique identification number so that the website can "remember" you on your return visit. Generally speaking, cookies do not contain personal information from which you can be identified, unless you have furnished such information to the website.
Learn more about cookies at www.aboutcookies.org.
First Party Cookie
A First Party Cookie is one where the host name of the cookie is the same as the domain name of the website being visited. First party cookies cannot normally be used to track activity across different websites.
A Session Cookie is one that is stored temporarily in a browser's memory. They are then deleted when you close your browser. Websites use Session Cookies for important functions, e.g. remembering your password during your visit.
Should you have any queries in respect of the above data protection notice, you can contact the Data Protection Officer of the Central Bank at email@example.com.